Effective Date: April 1, 2012
- Your Expectation of Privacy. Deadlines.com recognizes that you expect privacy and security for your personal information and further understands the need to safeguard sensitive information about you. Therefore, Deadlines.com maintains standards designed to prevent misuse of such information.
- Maintenance of Information. Deadlines.com has procedures to help assure that your information is accurate, current and complete, in accordance with reasonable commercial standards. While some of these procedures may be required by federal or state law, Deadlines.com has implemented additional procedures to maintain accurate, current and complete information, including processes to review and update information and to remove old information.
- Limiting Access to Information. Deadlines.com has procedures in place that limit its employees access to personally identifiable information to only those employees with a need to know such information about you for the purposes stated above. All Deadlines.com Employees are trained about the importance of confidentiality protection and customer privacy.
- Disclosure Restrictions. Deadlines.com does not reveal specific information about your account(s), record(s) or other personally identifiable data to parties outside our affiliated business partners, for independent use, unless (i) you request or authorize it, (ii) the information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you, (iii) the information is provided to a reputable credit bureau or similar information reporting agency, (iv) the information is provided to a third party affiliated with Deadlines.com in accordance with Section 7 below, (v) Deadlines.com believes in good faith that disclosure is required to (x) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on Deadlines.com or its customers, (y) protect or defend the rights or property of Deadlines.com or its customers, or (z) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Deadlines.com’s website users, customers or the public, or (vi) the disclosure otherwise is lawfully permitted or required. Except as otherwise provided above, Deadlines.com does not provide account(s), record(s) or personal information to its business affiliates for the purpose of independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing.
- Maintaining Your Privacy in Business Relationships with Our Affiliated Business Partners. Sometimes it may be necessary to provide personally identifiable information about you to a party outside of our company, such as to a vendor or service company that Deadlines.com hires to perform services on its behalf or to help develop new products and services. These vendors and service companies agree to safeguard the confidential information we may have about you and your products and services with us and must abide by applicable law.